How Does Virtual Care Work?
When it comes to you and your family’s health, you want the best of the best – but, still don’t want to break the bank. Impossible, right? With virtual care, it’s a possibility.
Virtual care goes by many names: telehealth, telemedicine, virtual visit, digital health, and more. It can be difficult to figure out who does what and quite frankly, who does it best.
3 Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Care
As a leading virtual care provider, we’re frequently asked three questions:
- What is virtual care?
- How do virtual doctor visits work?
- What does virtual urgent care treat?
1. What is Virtual Care?
Virtual care is a digital connection between you and a clinician for the delivery of healthcare. Use a smartphone, tablet, or computer to connect. You can virtually visit with a clinician from home, work, or a place convenient to you. No wait, no commute, and no appointment needed. Virtual care is quick and easy access to healthcare.
- No time to be sick? No problem
- No Insurance? No problem
- No doctor? No problem
Virtual care is 24/7 care for all ages from newborns to seniors. Connect to a clinician for non-emergent symptoms like cold & flu, allergies, minor skin or stomach issues, altitude sickness, and more.
It’s access to care when and where you need it.
2. How Do Virtual Doctor Visits Work?
A virtual visit is fast and easy. Make sure you have your internet access and audio and video functions enabled. Keep your ID ready to show the clinician and follow these simple steps:
- Create a new account or log in to your current account
- Share your symptoms
- Arrange payment or enter insurance information (pay with debit or credit card if no insurance)
- Start your visit with a quick connect to a virtual clinician
- Receive a diagnosis and treatment plan
- Head to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription and/or a refill, if needed
- Feel better faster so you can get back to what matters most – it’s that easy
Plus, you can message your clinician within 24 hours of your visit at no extra cost.
3. What Does Virtual Urgent Care Treat?
Virtual care can treat more than the common cold. If you have any of the following symptoms or illnesses, virtual urgent care may be a better solution than waiting at urgent care or the emergency room –
- Cold & flu symptoms
- Skin issues (rashes, insect bites, poison ivy)
- Stomach (constipation, diarrhea, heartburn & acid reflux)
- Minor illnesses (pink eye, UTI, swimmer’s ear)
- Minor injuries (low back pain, minor burns)
For a complete list of illnesses virtual care can treat or diagnose, visit our website or call us today.
Discover the Power of Virtual Care
Instead of wasting time in the waiting room and spending a fortune on medical bills, look into options like telemedicine. Not only are you receiving quick, affordable treatment, but you’re also receiving high-quality treatment from our clinicians.
Find a Telemedicine Provider Today
TeamHealth VirtualCare is a cost-effective 24/7 virtual healthcare option. It’s fast and easy to connect to Emergency Medicine experienced clinicians for patients of all ages.